For developers and systems integrators, the NoiseAPI from NoiseMeters makes noise measurements available to your application.
- HTTP / HTTPS or WebSocket interface
- Local network connection to noise monitor or via our routing server
- Noise measurement by microphone, sound level meter or acoustic processor
Taking away the complexities of noise measurement, acoustic processing and calculations, the NoiseAPI provides you with the final parameters in a usable format.
Communication with the API is via HTTP for historical data with optional WebSocket connection for live data feeds. API responses are in JSON format.
Noise measurement data includes:
- Time history noise profile (measurements every second)
- Periodic noise measurements typically used for environmental noise reports
- LAeq, Lmax, Lmin, Ln (L10, L50, L90, etc. user selectable)
- Noise events based on a user supplied template
- Template includes level thresholds and durations
- Results include LAeq, LAmax, duration, and LAeq,1s time history
We can provide you with an account, giving access to a NoiseAPI device via our routing server so you can try it out and see how well it fits in with your system.